Keratin lash lift is a popular beauty treatment that has recently gained significant popularity. It is a technique that uses a protein called keratin to enhance the appearance of eyelashes. The process involves lifting and curling of lashes to create a more voluminous and lifted look without using extensions or falsies. This technique is gaining attention as it offers a natural alternative to traditional eyelash enhancement methods. If you want to enhance your natural lashes and natural beauty, a keratin lash lift may be the perfect solution. In this article, I will explore this innovative beauty treatment’s process, benefits, and potential drawbacks.
What Is Keratin Lash Lift?
Keratin lash lift is a treatment that enhances your eyelash’s natural curl and length. The process involves using a special cream applied to your lashes, which lifts them from the roots. The cream contains keratin is a protein naturally found in hair, skin, and nails. This protein is what gives the lashes their strength and elasticity.
Keratin Lash Lift Process
The process of getting a keratin lash lift typically involves the following steps.
- Firstly, the technician will clean your lashes and remove any traces of makeup or oils to ensure the serum can be applied evenly.
- Next, a silicone shield will be applied to your eyelid to hold your lashes in place during the treatment.
- The keratin serum will then be applied to your lashes, which will help break down the disulfide bonds in them, allowing them to be lifted and curled.
- After the serum has been applied, it will be left to sit for a specified amount of time, depending on the thickness and texture of your lashes.
- Finally, the technician will remove the serum and shield, and your lashes will be carefully brushed and shaped to create a lifted and curled effect that will last for weeks.
Does It Hurt?
The keratins lash lift process is not generally a painful experience, though some people may experience mild or tingling discomfort. It is because the keratin serum used in the treatment is formulated to be gentle on the eyes and should not cause any burning or stinging. However, if you have sensitive eyes or are prone to allergies, you must inform your lash technician before the treatment begins.
They will do their best to ensure your comfort during the treatment, and you can always speak up if you experience any discomfort. Overall, the keratins lash lift process is a safe and comfortable way to achieve a lifted and curled look without the pain or hassle of other treatments.
Keratin Is Good For Eyelashes?
The benefits of keratin for lashes are numerous, making it a popular ingredient in the cosmetic industry. Here are a few reasons why keratin is suitable for your eyelashes:
- Keratin uses in cosmetics for decades and has proven to be a genuinely beneficial component for lashes.
- This essential protein strengthens and conditions not just your hair but your lashes as well.
- Lash conditioners and serums may contain keratin in addition to lash lifts.
- The nourishing and conditioning properties of keratin help to maintain healthy lashes.
- It does this by repairing damage and shielding lashes from further harm.
Reasons To Choose Keratin Lash Lift
You may get a keratin lash lift for several reasons instead of other lash enhancement treatments.
- Keratin lash lift enhances your natural eyelashes extensions, giving them a more dramatic and lifted appearance without additional products.
- It can last up to 8 weeks, making it an excellent option for those who want to enhance their traditional lashes without frequent touch-ups.
- Unlike lash extensions, a keratins lash lift requires minimal upkeep, making it an excellent option for those with a busy lifestyle.
Pros And Cons
As with any cosmetic treatment, there are both pros and cons to getting a keratin lash lift.
- Enhances natural lashes
- Long-lasting results
- Low maintenance
- No need for additional lash products
- Results may vary
- Can be costly
- Not recommended for those with sensitive eyes or allergies
Can You Wear Mascara After Getting A Keratin Lash Lift?
A keratins lash lift treatment can enhance your lashes to the point where you may not need mascara. The primary objective of this treatment is to provide curl, lift, and volume to your lashes, which means you may require less mascara than usual.
You can skip the mascara altogether if you get a tint in addition to the keratin eyelash lift. However, waiting 24 hours after the keratin treatment before applying mascara is essential to ensure the solution has a full set. Additionally, it recommends using only water-based mascara and avoiding oil-based formulas.
Keratin Lash Lift Vs Regular Lash Lift
The type of serum uses a keratins lash lift from a regular lash lift. A keratin lash lifts uses a keratin-based serum, which is more gentle on the lashes and can help to nourish and strengthen them over time. On the other hand, a regular lash lift uses a chemical-based serum, which can be more damaging to the lashes in the long run but may create a more noticeable and dramatic effect.
A keratins lash lift results are more natural-looking and subtle, while a regular lash lift can be more effective at creating a dramatic lift and curl. Ultimately, you should discuss your options with a trained technician and choose a treatment that best suits your needs and desired results, depending on your lashes’ condition and preferences.
Keratin Lash Lift Aftercare
Additionally, to ensure that your keratins lash lift lasts as long as possible, following these aftercare tips is essential.
- Refrain from getting your eyelashes at least wet for 24 hours following the procedure.
- Don’t use oil-based products on your lashes, as this can cause the serum to break down.
- Be gentle when removing makeup from your eyes, and avoid using harsh makeup removers.
- Avoid rubbing or pulling on your lashes.
- Use a lash serum or conditioner to nourish and strengthen your lashes between professional treatments.
How Long Does Keratin Lash Lift Last?
The duration of a keratins lash lift can vary depending on several factors, such as your lash growth cycle and aftercare routine. Typically, the results of a keratins lash lift can last anywhere from six to eight weeks. Therefore, to maintain the lifted and curled look, it’s essential to avoid getting your lashes wet for the first 24 hours after the treatment and to steer clear of oil-based products. Additionally, regular touch-ups may be necessary to keep your lashes looking their best.
Keratin Lash Lift Cost
The cost of a keratins lash lift can vary depending on where you live and the specific salon or technician you choose. On average, a keratin lash lift can cost anywhere from $75 to $150. While this may be more expensive than other lash treatments. The results can last several weeks and be a cost-effective alternative to regular lash extensions or curlers.
Does It Have Any Negative Sides Or Risks?
Getting a keratin lash lift, as with any cosmetic treatment, carries some potential risks. These can include.
- Like any beauty treatment, a keratin lash lift may have risks and potential adverse side effects.
- Some people may experience irritation or redness around the eye area after the treatment.
- There is also a risk of allergic reaction to the keratin serum or other products used during the treatment.
- In rare cases, the lash lift may cause damage to the lashes, resulting in breakage or loss.
- Choosing a trained and experienced technician is essential to minimize the risk of negative side effects and complications.
- Additionally, it’s essential to follow the aftercare instructions provided by the technician to ensure proper healing and maintenance of your lashes.
- If you experience any unusual symptoms or discomfort after a keratin lash hair lift, it’s essential to seek medical attention and inform your technician as soon as possible.
A keratin lash lift can be an excellent option for those who want to enhance their natural lashes without needing additional products or maintenance. By using a keratin-based serum, this treatment can help to nourish and strengthen your lashes health while also giving them a dramatic and lifted appearance. However, as with any cosmetic treatment, it’s essential to consider the potential risks. Also, choose a reputable salon or technician trained in the keratin lash lifts process.