If you’re a fan of eyelash extensions, you know how amazing they can make you feel. However, it’s essential to maintain proper hygiene to keep your eyes healthy and avoid any potential eye infections. In this article, we’ll discuss the importance of keeping your eyelash extensions clean and provide tips on how to clean them both at home and professionally.
We’ll also cover what to avoid and give you some handy tips to help you keep your lashes looking beautiful. So, let’s get started with our guide on how to clean eyelash extensions.
Why Clean Lash Extensions Is Important?
Keeping your eyelash extensions clean is crucial to their longevity and the health of your natural lashes. Dirt, oil, and makeup residue can accumulate on the lash extensions and cause them to become brittle and break. The buildup of bacteria can also lead to eye infections or irritations. By regularly cleaning your eyelash extensions, you can prevent these issues and prolong the life of your extensions.
How To Clean Eyelash Extensions At Home?
Cleaning your eyelash extensions at home is easy and can be done with simple steps. Here is a guide on how to clean eyelash extensions at home.
- Start by washing your hands with soap and water to ensure they are clean and free of dirt or bacteria.
- Fill a bowl with lukewarm water and add a few drops of oil-free cleanser. Avoid using oil-based products, as they can break down the adhesive and cause the extensions to fall out.
- Brush your lashes lightly after dipping a clean mascara wand or spoolie brush into the solution. Be sure to get the bristles between each lash line and remove any dirt, makeup, or debris.
- Rinse your lashes with lukewarm water to remove any remaining cleanser or debris.
- Use a soft towel to pat your lashes dry gently. Do not rub them, as this can cause them to fall out.
- To keep your lashes looking their best, brush them gently with a clean mascara wand or spoolie brush.
How To Clean Eyelash Extensions Professionally?
To clean your eyelash extensions professionally, you must follow a specific process to ensure they remain intact and damage-free.
- Firstly, fix your eyelashes in place to avoid any discomfort or pain while cleaning them. Next, remove any eye makeup that you may be wearing.
- Then, it’s time to use the lash cleaner your professional lash artist will provide. Apply the cleaner gently, ensuring not to rub too hard or pull at your lashes.
- After applying the cleaner, it’s essential to wash it off thoroughly. You can do this using a gentle water stream or a damp cotton pad.
- Once you’ve washed off the cleaner, it’s time to dry your eyelashes. Use a soft, clean towel to gently pat them dry, being careful not to tug or pull at your extensions.
- Finally, please clean up your fake lashes using a spoolie brush to comb through them gently. It will help remove clumps or knots and leave them fluffy and fresh.
What Can I Use to Clean Eyelash Extensions?
When cleaning your eyelash extensions at home, it’s essential to use an oil-free cleanser and a soft-bristled brush. Therefore, avoid using oil-based products or harsh chemicals, as they can damage the lashes and cause them to fall out.
Some recommended products for clean your lash extensions include.
- Baby Shampoo: This gentle and effective cleanser can be used on your natural lashes.
- Micellar Water: This is a gentle cleanser that is effective at removing dirt and makeup from your lashes.
- Lash Shampoo: This specially formulated lash cleanser is designed to clean lash extensions without damaging them.
What Happens If You Don’t Clean Lashes?
Here are some points on what happens if you don’t clean your eyelash extensions.
- However, a buildup of dirt and oils can accumulate on your lashes over time, making them feel heavy and uncomfortable.
- Not cleaning your lashes can increase the risk of eye infections and irritations caused by bacteria.
- Therefore, neglecting to clean your lashes can cause the extension adhesive to break down and weaken, leading to premature shedding of the extensions.
- If you wear makeup or eyeliner on your eyelid, not cleaning your lashes can cause the makeup to cake and clump on the lashes, making them appear unattractive and unnatural.
- Moreover, skipping lash cleaning can cause your natural lashes to become brittle, weak, and prone to breakage.
- The debris buildup on your lashes can create an ideal environment for dust mites to thrive, which can trigger allergies and cause discomfort.
- Failure to clean your lashes can cause an unpleasant odor to develop around the eye area, which can be off-putting and embarrassing.
Things To Avoid With Lash Extensions
However, to keep your lash extensions looking their best, avoiding certain things that can damage them is essential. Here are a few points to avoid that include.
- Avoid using oil-based products such as makeup removers, moisturizers, or sunscreens.
- Avoid using waterproof mascara, as it can be difficult to remove and cause the lashes to clump together.
- Avoid using eyelash curlers, as they can break the extensions or pull them out.
Tips For Cleaning Eyelash Extensions
Here are some points to help you clean your eyelash extensions safely and effectively.
- Use a gentle cleanser that is specifically designed for lash extensions.
- Be gentle when brushing your lashes, and avoid using harsh chemicals or products.
- Clean your lashes regularly to prevent the buildup of dirt and bacteria.
- For the first 24 hours after application, avoid getting your lashes wet.
- Use a clean towel or cloth to dry your lashes after cleaning.
- Brush your lashes gently with a clean mascara wand or spoolie brush to keep.
How To Unclump Eyelash Extensions
Unclumping your eyelash extensions may seem like a daunting task, but with a few simple steps, you can get your lashes looking fresh and fluffy once again. To unclamp eyelash extensions, gently comb through them using a spoolie brush, then apply a small amount of oil-free makeup remover to a cotton swab and swipe it over the clumps. Next, rinse your lashes with water and use a clean spoolie brush to separate and fluff them up. It’s important to avoid using oily products or rubbing your eyes, as this can cause further clumping and damage to your natural lashes. With patience and gentle care, you can easily unclamp your eyelash extensions and restore them to their former glory.
Main Takeaways – How to Clean Eyelash Extensions
Cleaning your eyelash extensions is essential to maintaining their appearance and longevity. Therefore, following the proper techniques and using the right products can keep your lashes clean, healthy, and beautiful. Remember to be gentle, avoid oil-based products, and use lint-free applicators to ensure the last longer results. With these tips and tricks, you can keep your lash extensions looking fresh and fabulous for weeks.
If you want to read more. Click the following
1. How Do I Dry My Lash Extensions After Cleaning Them?
After cleaning your eyelash extensions, it is essential to dry them properly to avoid any damage. The best way to do this is by gently patting them with a clean, dry towel or using a hairdryer on the cool setting. Avoid rubbing or pulling at the lashes, which can cause them to fall out prematurely. Additionally, it is recommended to brush the lashes with a clean spoolie brush to ensure they dry in the correct direction.
2. Can I Use A Lash Serum With My Eyelash Extensions?
When using a lash serum with your eyelash extensions, there are a few things to keep in mind. First and foremost, it is generally safe to use a serum, but it is essential to use one specifically formulated for lash extensions. Secondly, it’s vital to avoid serums that contain oils or other ingredients that may weaken the adhesive bond or cause premature shedding of the lashes.
Additionally, apply the serum only to the base of the lashes and avoid getting it on the extensions themselves. Lastly, it’s always a good idea to consult your lash technician to ensure you use a compatible lash serum with your extensions.
3. Can I Use Any Type Of Brush To Clean My Eyelash Extensions?
When cleaning your eyelash extensions, using a gentle touch and the right tools is essential. While some may think any brush will do, it’s necessary to use a specific type of brush designed for use with lash extensions. A soft-bristled brush or spoolie is recommended to prevent extension damage or eye irritation. Additionally, avoid using brushes that are too stiff or rough, as they can cause damage to the lashes and compromise their appearance.